While creating a Hyper-V replica broker in my HV cluster, I came across a problem. No matter what workaround I tried, my broker wont work. I tried pre-staging the computer account etc, as mentioned here but for my particular environment, it did not work. I read this:
Here is how I resolved it :
- I deleted the pre-staged computer account in AD, (which I had created manually, earlier for the replica broker)
- Configured the role in FCM, no errors while creation
- After that… yes, I got errors in the log (ignore for a minute)
- Then I recreated the AD computer name by hand and gave full control over that new account to the cluster’s computer account
- Went to FCM > cluster name > roles
- Noticed the HV replica role there (but it was in red, stopped)
- clicked “start role” on the right side action menu
- The role came online in a few seconds.
Now I can even ping the virtual IP address of this Hyper-V replica broker role!
I guess, for whatever reason, (at least in some environments) FCM cannot really use a “pre-staged” account for this role.